Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Golden Rule

My daughter (12 years old) thinks I am crazy for taking a shower at the YMCA after swimming.  I have my own cubical and shower curtain.  The water is hot and there is a soap dispenser on the wall (although I bring my own shampoo and face wash).  The tiles are clean and so is the grout.  What is the problem?

Someone might SEE you naked!

No, Honey, no one is going to see me naked.

Then I COMPLETELY embarrass her by getting dressed in the locker room.  I discreetly turn towards the lockers and put on my undies and shorts while wearing my towel and then remove the towel for the upper areas.

MOM!  This is NOT EUROPE!  Do you think we are in FRANCE or something?

The golden rule applies in the ladies locker room.  I can't speak for the men but for the ladies I certainly can.

The Golden Rule:  Look onto others as you would have them look onto you.

No one wants to see you naked because they don't want you to see them naked.  It is unspoken but TOTALLY understood by the over 20 year olds in the room.

12 year old doesn't get it.  Nobody wants to look at your wears.  Especially since she has such a great figure.  NOBODY wants to see that and then look at themselves in the mirror.  Nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment