Thursday, July 5, 2012

Long Lost Friend

I woke up this morning at 6:00 am.  I just woke up.  I laid there for a few minutes and I felt something I haven't felt in a long long time.

Energy.

What in the world?  Energy?  Like fo' real?  I can get up AND shower AND fold sheets from the dryer AND make breakfast?  With out stopping?  Get out!

I took it slow, not used to this old friend.  What has happened in her life since I last saw her?  Is she seeing someone?  What was the last movie she went to?  Is she going to stay around for a while or is she just here for a quick visit?

I had to lay down for a half hour after all the activity.  Had a quick dream on the couch that I was yelling "Ooooo!  Ooooo!" and woke myself up giggling.  I had to ask Fynn if I was making noise and he assured me that I had been completely silent.  That was a relief.

So I finished watching the Tour de France (go Team Sky!) and cleaned up around the living room during the commercial breaks.  My dear friend was still with me but it was like when you are talking to someone and they aren't really paying attention to you.  Her attention was elsewhere but she was still physically there.

The Tour ended with a nail biting finish and then we had lunch.  I went to the pool for 45 minutes and I felt like I had a lot of strength.

This is a new world for me.  I have often had days where I felt tired or bored and I didn't want to do anything but this is different.  This is not that I don't want to do something but that I literally can not get up to do it.  There is no fuel in the tank at all.  It is sometimes a little frightening.

So this morning when Miss Energy woke me up I took advantage of her visit.  I am hoping that she comes to visit me more often.  If you see her around town, remind her that I really like her and I miss her a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment